Friday, September 16, 2011

It's Friday, Friday....

Whoa, my blogging has really lapsed. Here's an attempt to get back on the bandwagon!
Thanks to Jen, our weekly hostess!

--1--
Like everyone else who's read/reviewed it, I *adored* Brandon Vogt's new book The Church and New Media. I wrote a full review for our diocesan young adult newsletter, which I may post later, but here's the short version: it's excellent. Not only were all the contributers' essays great, but Brandon added great supplementary content too, including a glossary of Web 2.0 terms and a list of online resources. I wish everyone in Church leadership would read New Media, especially Marcel LeJeune's excellent piece on young adult ministry and the Internet.

--2--
In more news of fabulous young Catholics, Marc Barnes of the Bad Catholic Blog is making me chuckle a lot these days. For someone who's only 18, this kid has got spunk, insight, and wit.

--3--
I've finally been let into the beta group for Pottermore. It's awesome. I haven't done my Sorting yet though, since I'm waiting for a few friends to catch up so we can all Sort together. Very excited to see what House I'll get. I've fancied myself a Ravenclaw almost my whole Potter-reading life, but many friends have predicted Hufflepuff for me. I'll soon find out!

--4--
Next on my to-read list is Matt Swain's Prayer in the Digital Age. I quickly tore through the first two chapters before pulling myself back to work, but they were great chapters! Looking forward to the rest of it.

--5--
My sister Katie is in France! She left on Tuesday night and is all settled with her host family in Paris. It's odd to think that I won't see her again until Christmas; usually I visit her at school at least twice a month. I miss her already, but she will love her study abroad!

--6--
Our high school youth ministry leaders are going on retreat this weekend. I'm very excited for them; we are meeting up with youth from other parishes around the diocese to do some leadership and team building as well as lots of prayer time. I'm giving a talk about discipleship and the centrality of the Eucharist. I'm not nervous about it, but I do need to pray more to prepare!

--7--

1 comment:

La Chanteuse said...

Yay I got a shout out!!! I miss you, too. We should skype!! Being in France is pretty difficult... the language is really throwing me for a loop since they talk SO FAST. Hopefully after this week it will get easier - I start the language intensive classes in a few minutes. <3